Becoming a Member of Aurora Turners
Qualifications for Membership
- A candidate must have two (2) sponsors in good standing who have been members for three (3) years (there should be a “3” on the membership card for number of years).
- A candidate must be a minimum of eighteen (18) years of age at the time of induction as a sustaining member.
- A candidate must be a citizen of the United States of America, or must be a person who is officially in the process of applying for citizenship in the United States of America. Any member who was accepted when he/she was applying for citizenship and then was denied citizenship shall have his/her membership revoked.
- A candidate must be an individual who is a person of good character and reputation.
- Any candidate that has been expelled from any society of American Turners within the last five (5) years, or who has been rejected for membership in the Aurora Turners within one (1) year prior to application shall not be accepted. Any member expelled from Aurora Turners for life cannot reapply for membership.
Steps to Becoming a Member of Aurora Turners
- Download a copy of the membership application, fill it out and have your sponsors sign it. Then bring it to the club, or come to the club and ask for an application from the bartender. It is a good idea to have at least one of your sponsors come with you to submit your application.
- You must pay a $20 fee when you submit your membership application. This will cover the cost of a background check
- When we receive the results of the background check and if there are no past issues, you will receive an acceptance letter in the US mail with instructions to pay $80 for the annual dues by a certain date.
- Mail the check for $80 along with the form at the bottom of the acceptance letter to Aurora Turners, 1335 Mitchell Road, Aurora, IL 60505, or bring your acceptance letter form to the club where you can pay your dues by check, cash or credit card.
- Once you have paid your dues, you are considered to be a full member of Aurora Turners. At that time, you may fill out an application to receive a door keycard which allows entry into the club. The keycard will be ready for you to pick up at the bar in about 2 weeks. While you are waiting for your keycard, you may ring the buzzer at the front door to be allowed entrance to the club.